Print/Radio Media Contact:
Andrea Blain / firstname.lastname@example.org / (847) 933-9884
Erin O’Brien / email@example.com / (310) 369-2249
Domestic Television Media Contact:
/ firstname.lastname@example.org / (310) 369-1628
Chris Argyropoulos / email@example.com / (310) 369-1787
Online Media Contact: Onlinepr@fox.com
For Immediate Release
Tons of Lemonade, Sun
and Summertime Fun!
New ‘Summertime Fun!’ DVD
Featuring Favorite Friends – Barney™, Bob the Builder™,
Thomas the Tank Engine™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Fireman Sam™
Arrives in Stores May 13, 2008 from Twentieth
Century Fox Home Entertainment and HIT Entertainment
Los Angeles/New York (April 8, 2008) – Time to enjoy the summer and have fun with Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Angelina Ballerina™, Thomas the Tank Engine™ and Fireman Sam™! All are back for another collection of light-hearted, summer-y adventures in Summertime Fun!, debuting on DVD May 13, 2008 from Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and HIT Entertainment for a suggested retail price of $14.98.
Grab your sunscreen, lemonade and camping gear, and kick back for five summer adventures on Summertime Fun!:
- NEW TO DVD: Barney – In “The Wind and the Sun,” it’s a beautiful, warm summer day. Baby Bop has built a lemonade stand to quench the thirsts of the playground children and BJ has made a kite to fly high in the air. Both need an ideal location for their activities. Problem is, there is only one truly perfect spot! It’s not long before both learn to ask nicely to share the space equally and enjoy the day together.
- Bob the Builder – In “Dizzy Goes Camping,” Wendy is on vacation, leaving Bob and the crew to build Farmer Pickles’ new campsite on their own. Wanting a vacation of her own, Dizzy asks Bob if she and Muck can camp out overnight. Singing songs by the pretend campfire and sleeping under a makeshift tent, the pair spends a wonderful evening under the stars.
- NEW TO DVD: Thomas & Friends – In “Thomas and the Rainbow,” a summer storm has knocked down telephone lines throughout the Island of Sodor. Tasked with carrying the repairmen to the sites, Thomas gets distracted by a beautiful rainbow in the sky and sets out on his own, determined to find the fabled magic treasure at the end of it. When his one-track-mindedness lands him in trouble he learns the valuable lesson that the true magic lies with his friends.
- Angelina Ballerina – In “Angelina in the Wings,” famed Madame Zee Zee is coming to watch Angelina’s ballet class in the hopes of finding a replacement Sunbeam dancer to fill in for a sick performer. Angelina has to bring her cousin Henry to the audition. When Henry captures the adoration of the Madame and is given the role, Angelina is forced to become his understudy. Despite her jealousy, she soon realizes how much the show means to Henry and sets out to help him succeed.
- Fireman Sam – In “Twitchers in Trouble,” extremely dry grass covering the countryside has elevated the fire danger. When a dropped glass bottle ignites a brush fire, it’s up to Sam, Tom and the rest of the team to rescue the various townsfolk out enjoying the day.
This DVD includes a bonus episode of Fifi and the Flowertots: Picture Perfect.
About HIT Entertainment
HIT Entertainment, owned by private equity investment group Apax Partners, is one of the world’s leading independent children’s entertainment producers and rights-owners. HIT’s portfolio includes properties, such as Barney™, Bob the Builder™, Thomas & Friends™, Pingu™, Fireman Sam™, Angelina Ballerina™ and Rainbow Magic™. HIT represents Fifi and the Flowertots™ in North America and Japan and acts as a worldwide representative for The Jim Henson Company’s library of classic family brands and as representative for The Wiggles® in the UK. HIT also owns the Guinness World Records™ publishing and television property. Launched in 1989, HIT’s lines of business span television and video production (including studios in the US and the UK), publishing, consumer products licensing and live events. With a catalogue of more than 1,500 hours of young children’s programming, HIT sells its shows to more than 240 countries worldwide, in more than 45 different languages and has operations in the UK, US, Canada, Hong Kong and Japan. In 2005, the Company joined Comcast Corporation, PBS and Sesame Workshop to launch PBS KIDS SproutSM, a 24-hour digital cable channel and VOD service for preschoolers. In 2007, HIT and Chellomedia, the European content division of Liberty Global, Inc and its subsidiary ChelloZone, announced a joint venture to launch and distribute JimJam, an international preschool TV channel (excludes the US, UK and China). For more information, visit www.hitentertainment.com
About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
A recognized global industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming on VHS and DVD as well as video acquisitions and original productions. Each year the Company introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets – from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce – throughout the world. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC is a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company.
# # #